leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

A virtual walk around Roundhay Park tour


Middle Walk

This tinted postcard from 1905 shows the Middle Walk in Roundhay Park leading to the Mansion. The Middle Walk was designed by architect George Corson in 1873 to link the Mansion with Waterloo Lake. It is broad with a gravel surface with seating provided at intervals. The surrounding shrubs and trees are planted in an informal design to create a naturalistic effect. Just before the Grade II listed early 19th century mansion house there are two flights of stone steps and an ornamental fountain.

Middle Walk
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.