25th April 1933.
View shows the junction of Gledhow Lane (right), Woodland Lane (left) and Church Lane (behind the camera). The stone building on the right is the lodge to a large house named Allerton Park, which in the mid 19th century had been known as Blue Villa. This house is still there along with the right archway, and is marked on recent maps as Manor Lodge, but the archway to the left has been demolished. Semi-detached houses are under construction on the left, with a notice on the left archway saying "Houses for sale, G & H Stephenson & Co. Ltd., Alwoodley". The houses are numbered in ascending order from 48 Woodland Lane, though no sign of earlier numbers on Woodland Lane is evident. The junction has since changed a little, firstly with King George Avenue joining it, and later Church Lane being rerouted slightly to the south.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.