10th February 1893.
View of Morley's first horse-drawn fire engine, the Firefly, during a procession in Chapel Hill in 1893, watched by several people including children. The buildings in the background are just past the long flight of steps leading to Bank Street, and include a bill poster's shop and a second hand and auctioneer's shop; both were demolished in 1894.
Photograph from the David Atkinson Archive.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.