Image shows the junction of Selby Road (seen in the foreground and disappearing into the distance towards Leeds) and Wakefield Road, which eventually becomes Aberford Road (A.642), right. The large building at the junction is the Old George Public House, one of the oldest pubs in Garforth and mentioned in Bains, Gazetteer for the county of York in 1822. The pub previously featured stabling facilities and was probably a coaching stop at the crossroads of the Leeds to Selby, and Wakefield to Tadcaster turnpike. On the right of Wakefield Road is a BP filling station. Wakefield Road (A.642) continues at the left edge of the image. A large roundabout has since been constructed at this junction.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.