18th April 1950. icture shows shops numbers 10, 12 and 14 Thorpe Street. They are; (left to right), number 14, Finans, off-licence and grocer, number 12 R.H. Gibb, butchers and number 10 Hallams Grocers. Cars are parked along the road and electric poles line the road. A sign for 'Guinness' can be seen on one of the shop walls. The British Legion Club is visible along the far left, this is now the Middleton Social Club.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.