Print by Percy Robinson entitled 'Old Buildings in yard off Briggate'. The yard is Lambert's Yard, and had been known as such since at least 1826 when it was listed in a trade directory next to George Lambert's grocery business at no. 163 Briggate. It continued to be known as Lambert's Yard after the Lambert family left the premises. Percy Robinson (1868-1950), was an artist and architect who had premises on Albion Street. He was responsible for the design of, among others, Armley Branch Library and the Yorkshire Building Society building at the corner of Briggate and Duncan Street. The name Lambert's Yard would certainly have been in use during his time but whether he was unaware of it or chose not to include it in his title we cannot be sure.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.