Trooper of 2nd Dragon Guards on sentry duty. The Barracks were situated on Barrack Road, built on an 11 acre site. The builders were Craven and Co, erected in 1820 at a cost of £28,000. At the time of this photograph, the barracks were also occupied by the 21st lancers. The Leeds Rifles met at the old riding school and parade ground for 80 years, until they moved to Harewood Barracks in 1967. The Barracks were demolished in 1988, part of the site is now a car showroom.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.