View of Farrer Lane, Oulton which was formerly known as Welles End Lane or locally as Dye House Bridge Lane. A man and woman pose in the road with a horse and cart being driven. This area contained some of the oldest houses in the village, all owned at one time or another by the Calverley Family.
They were offered for sale to the tennants 1924. The spire of St John's Church can be seen in the background.