23rd March 1946.
Official opening of the first of the pre-fabricated bungalows off
Sharp Lane, Robin Hood.
Persons present, T.J.Brooks M.P.,
Mr.Mathieson (Regional Officer, Ministry of Works),
Mr. Senior (Regional Architect), Mr. Gray (Ministry of Works),
Major Spillman & Mr. Fleming
Mr. G.Webster (Poskitt's Beal),
County Alderman E. Taylor J.P.,
Councillor C.Smart J.P.(Chairman of the Council),
Mr. Moreton(Housing Manager).
The houses which were built by contractors Tarran Ltd. were built mainly to house ex-servicemen and their families.
The majority of these houses still exist today(2002).
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.