17th February 1911. Built in response to the need for better quality housing, to replace slum properties which had previously been on this site. The Bank, with adjacent Quarry Hill were notorious for unhealthy and insanitary property, where people lived in dire conditions. In 1890, housing of the Working Classes Act allowed for slum property to be purchased at fair rates. As the area around Marsh Lane had been partially cleared, these three storey tenement buildings were erected.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.