24th August 1939
Built in the early 1900s, to rehouse tenents of slum properties in this area, which was classed as one of the unhealthy districts. This was one of the first purpose built blocks of flats in Leeds, 2 and 3 bed room units, housed 198 people. They were built by private enterprise. End wall carries posters advertising Swan Vestas matches and Gordons Gin.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.