18th July 1935.
Entrance and facade of the County Arcade. Built as part of the Leeds Estates company redevelopment of the east side of Briggate 1898-1900. Designed by Frank Matcham, architect of the London Palladium. Sign for Lyons Cafe, cafe occupying two upper floors. Numbers 95 to 108, either side of arcade Smith Bros. drapers. This arcade now forms the nucleus of Victoria Quarter, with prestigious Harvey Nicholls store.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.