23rd February 1930.
St. Luke's Church, situated at the corner of Skinner Lane and North Street, was consecrated on October 4th 1841. Stone built designed by architects
William Perkin and Elisha Backhouse. The vicar at this time, Rev. John Buchanan, included the Church of St. Thomas, Melbourne Street as part of his living.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.