5th October 1928.
View of Virginia Street looking towards Prussia Street. At the left edge there is a glimpse of Lady Lane, and the premises of Harry Thorne & Co. Ltd. cocoa maufacturer which stand at the junction of Lady Lane with Edward Street. The large factory with gable end covered in advertising posters had originally been a boot and shoe factory and is listed in a directory for 1927 as Elkan Goldman & Son of numbers 22 and 24 Lady Lane. There is a hand-cart in front of the entrance. The advertising is for popular brands of the day including a campaign to mark sixty years of 'well-doing' with Eno's Fruit Salt - 1868 to 1928. There is also a poster advertising 'The Magic Flame', to be shown at the Tower Picture House in New Briggate, and starring Ronald Colman and Vilma Banky. The film was released in 1927. At the end of the street is the United Methodist Church Sunday School at number 26A Lady Lane. A motor car is also visible.