Undated. Probably 1948-50. Junction of High Street to the left, Harrogate Road across the centre and Bayton Lane to the right. At the top left is Moorfield Mill, owner William Murgatroyd in business from 1870. He also lived and worked farmland adjacent to the mill. It was demolished around 1960s and an industrial estate built on the site. On the corner a large car showroom became 'Murgatroyds' Fish restaurant. To the left a pair of large stone houses can be seen. Murgatroyd allegedly had these built for his managers family, using stone which came out of the ground when the mill pond was dug. Reservoir, belonging to Yeadon waterworks in the left corner. The area on the right which is not built on was also a source of material for brick works. On the extreme left towards the bottom is the car park and corner of the Peacock Public House, now demolished, flats are built on the site. Vacant plot on the corner of Harrogate Road and Bayton Lane is now the site of the Yeadon Stoops Travel Inn, Victoria Avenue.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.