11th April 1928
Abbey House Museum, formerly gatehouse to Kirkstall Abbey, became separated when road was laid in 1827. Formerly used as a residence, it was sold to Leeds City Council in 1925 and opened as a folk museum in July 1927. This view shows wall and railings to grounds. Tramlines in the road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.