9th July 1908.
Visit of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra to Leeds. Two arches were erected on Harrogate Road to decorate route to Harewood House, where the Royal Party visited. Designed by Sidney Kitson, arches were plaster and wood replicas of the 17th Century oak rood sreen enclosing the eastern portion of St. John's Church, Briggate. Thirty one feet high, Twenty four feet wide, topped by the Leeds Coat of Arms.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.