14th September 1941.
View of museum on Park Row following air raid damage in March 1941 which destroyed the frontage on park Row as well as many exhibits. The museum reopened with a concrete rendering and included a miniature coal mine. The museum closed in 1965 and transferred to municipal buildings on the Headrow. The building was demolished in 1966. HSBC bank now occupy the site.