18th June 1937.
On the left, clock sign for hairdresser James Welch at 39 Otley Road. On the right, traffic lights are at the junction with Wood Lane. Parade of shops, the Georgian cafe was at number 20, owned by Confectioners (Leeds) Ltd. Business on the corner of Shire Oak Street was number 18, Robert Alexander Smith, draper. On the opposite corner number 16 was George Septimus Henson, butcher. Traffic using the road includes cars, tram, lorry and two buses belonging to Samuel Ledgard Company.