Undated. Located on Duncan Street, the central market building was designed by Francis Goodwin. It opened in 1827, the cost of building was £30,000. There were 67 shops and 56 stalls in a covered hall. In 1893 the market was badly damaged by fire, the building of Kirkgate market made Central market obsolete.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.