18th October 1929.
School of Medicine, Thoresby Place, designed by W.H. Thorpe, opened in 1894. The Medical School had been founded in 1831 by a group of surgeons and doctors. They had used various premises, which proved too small as numbers grew progressively through the years. It was one of the first provincial medical schools in England. In 1884 the Leeds School of Medicine and the Yorkshire College amalgamated. The College was to be the foundation of Leeds University, in 1910 clinical teaching was transfered from Leeds General Infirmary's control to the University.