11th December 1941.
Construction of a water storage tank on Headrow Gardens, outside the Municipal Building, which housed the Central Library, Art Gallery and Police headquarters. On the left is Oxford Place Chapel. Leeds Town Hall, then Calverley Street. The Library has a sign outside which reads 'Remember the Commercial and Technical Library for information'. This service is now called Information for Business.