17th November 1928
Also known as Oriental and General baths. Designed by Cuthbert Brodrick, costing £13,000 the baths were opened in 1867. With some alterations in 1882, they remained in use until finally closing in 1965. The site is now part of Millennium Square. This view shows the central entrance with notice for 'Ladies Turkish Bath'. There are separate entrance for men on the right, and women on the left. Posters extoll the benefits of 'sunbaths' for health.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.