31st May 1938
The hospital was built in the grounds of Gledhow Grove, opened 1926. It became a centre for war pensioners and a specialist hospital for the fitting of artificial limbs. In 1994 wards were moved to the Newton Green Site and Gledhow Grove sold for redevelopment. A new Chapel Allerton hospital was opened in July 1994 at Newton Green. This entrance is on the junction of Harrogate Road and Harehills Lane.