11th May 1939
This cinema was designed by AV Montague and built by Mathews and sons of Leeds. There was seating for 1,350 people. It opened on 13th February 1939 with the screening of 'We're going to be rich' starring Gracie Fields and Victor McLaglan. It closed in February 1976, the last films were 'Apple Dumpling Gang' and 'Sword in the Stone' The cinema was demolished for the building of a housing estate. In this front view the film advertised is 'The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.