View of North Street, continuing in to Vicar Lane, junction with New York Lane. On the corner, domed building is Crispin House. Built in 1911 for Heaten's clothiers, then later premises of H. Poole, bootmaker. Now loft apartments. Next a yard can be seen, behind the first block of buildings on Vicar Lane, this was the site of number 10 Town End, built before 1725 for Robert Denison, then home of the Sheepshanks family, Leeds merchants. On this picture, all that remains is Sheepshanks Yard. On the opposite side of the road, large building first on left is the public dispensary, lying between Back Brunswick Street and Hartley Hill, opened May 12th 1904. Next right, bottom house on Hartley Hill (two white walls with yard behind it) is Bischoff's House, originally called Sheepscar Hall, built in 1692 by William Elty for Nathaniel Denison, later purchased and renamed by Bernard Bischoff, immigrant merchant from Switzerland now demolished, 1967.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.