View of the side and near of the pub. On the far left is a 19th Century extension. First noted in 1607 the original farm on this site, a wooden building was started by Christopher Kirke. A broken date stone found during 20th Century restorations shows that the timber framed house was encased in stone in 1638 by Christopher's son, Richard. Inherited by his son William in 1661 the farm was sold a year later for £820 to Thomas Kirke, a London haberdasher and decendant of William's great uncle Richard. The farm was sold in 1920 to Leeds Co-op as one of five dairy farms to supply milk to the whole of Leeds, however this idea failed and the farm was sold again. Eventually taken over in the 1970s, the building was restored and became a pub and restaurant.