Image shows a view of the rear of a farm first noted in 1607. The original wooden building was owned by Christopher Kirke. A broken date stone found during 20th century restorations, shows that the timber framed house was encased in stone in 1638 by Christopher's son, Richard. Inherited by Richard's son William in 1661, the farm was sold a year later for £820 to Thomas Kirke, a London haberdasher and decendant of William's great uncle Richard. The farm was sold in 1920 to Leeds Co-op as one of five dairy farms to supply milk to the whole of Leeds, however this idea failed and the whole farm was sold again. Eventually taken over in the 1970s, the building was restored to become a pub and restaurant. The entrance visible below the farm bar sign dates back to the early 18th century.