Situated on the interior north wall of the farmhouse, seen here in the centre as an aperture, are the remains of a lant bowl. Tenant farmers would often practise a trade as well as farming. For example at Crag Farm the Wood family who took the tenancy in 1619 were also clothiers (and later occupants). Stale urine was used to remove grease from raw wool and also as a bleaching agent. The family would contribute to the collection of fluid in the bowl, the contents would flow into a stone trough on the outside.