This aerial view shows the area between Wellington Road (left to right) and Whitehall Road. It is criss-crossed with railway lines feeding the City and Central Stations and the courses of the River Aire and the Leeds Liverpool Canal. Wellington Road is in the upper section of the view, to the left there is a circular building, a former railway roundhouse built by Thomas Grainger in 1847, is used by Thomas Marshall and Son, sheet metal worker. Whitehall Road is in the foreground, running left to right with Monk Bridge spanning the river and canal.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.