Constructed between Briggate, and Vicar Lane on the site of White Hart Yard. Work began in 1898 as part of the Leeds Estates Company redevelopment of Briggate. Architect Frank Matcham designed the arcade, he was also responsible for building the London Palladium and Empire Theatre, Leeds. The central dome was decorated with figures representing Liberty, Commerce, Labour and Art. This view is looking from the junction with Cross Arcade towards Briggate. On the left corner is Vickers gift shop selling silver, jewellery, watches etc. On the right, opposite, is a branch of Greenwoods menswear. Next right is the entrance to the Mecca Locarno Ballroom then Elster shoe shop. The floor is made of marble mosaics. The arcade is now incorporated into the Victoria Quater. This was created from the former Queen Victoria Street, it was roofed in stained glass, designed by Brian Clarke. The whole forms a prestigious shopping area.