leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Aerial View, Bodington Hall

Subject ID:
Subject Year:
Class number:
D LIB Bodington (1)
Aerial View, Bodington Hall
1963 Bodington Hall complex, a Leeds University Hall of Residence and Playing fields, built on part of the Weetwood Hall estate. The site was named after Sir Nathan Bodington J.P. the first Vice Chancellor of Leeds University between 1904 - 1911. He was married to Eliza Barran, daughter of John Barran who was a prominent Leeds businessman. Bodington Hall opened in November 1961. The Ring Road is to the left and Otley Road to the right.

Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks. Email corrections
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.