Undated. View looks onto Skelton Grange Power Station at Stourton. Five cooling towers are visible along with two smaller chimneys. The two towers to the right and the two chimneys belong to the "A" station which operated between the 1940s and the mid 1980s. The three towers to the left belong to the "B" station, built between 1955 and 1962. This originally had four towers but as only three appear to be visible here it would seem that this photo was taken after 1983-84 when the fourth cooling tower was demolished. The power station closed down in 1993 and the site is now used for Skelton Grange Environment Centre, a conservation and education centre for children run by the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers. Photograph courtesy of Stephen Howden.