Aerial view of Elland Road, on the left side of the road is the oval Greyhound Stadium, which was demolished in 1982. In the bottom left corner is the Heath estate. In the bottom right corner is the Leeds United Football Club Stadium. First used for rugby league matches, it was purchased in 1904 by Leeds City Football Club (The Peacocks)who were elected to the Football League in 1905. The club reached the second division but were eventually expelled from the Football League in the 1919-20 season due to financial irregularities. Leeds United Football Club was formed in 1919 and elected to the Football League in 1920. Over the years, Leeds United has enjoyed outstanding success, particularly in the years when Don Revie took over the management. There have also been setbacks and disappointments but Leeds United continues to attract loyal supporters to Elland Road. The capacity of the stadium is 40,296 and many fans hold season tickets.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.