Drawing of St Philip's Church, Osmondthorpe Lane. The architect was F.C. Charlton, a breaking ground ceremony was held on 13th August 1932. The foundation stone was laid by the Princess Royal (Countess of Harewood) in October of the same year. Consecration took place on 22nd July 1933. Robert Thompson, the Mouseman of Kilburn provided a large amount of his work for the interior, including the altar. This was carved from a single piece of oak which Robert Thompson had kept for years, waiting to use it for a special purpose.