St Mary's Church, Mabgate. Sometimes referred to as being St Mary's, Quarry Hill. It was one of the Leeds 'million' churches, that is Parliament provided funds for the building of new churches in areas which had become densely populated and could no longer be ministered to by exisiting churches. It was designed by Thomas Taylor and took three years to build. Consecration took place in October 1826, the cost had been £12,500, stone for construction came from Bramley and Horsforth.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.