The Church of St Mary the Virgin, designed by Thomas Taylor, paid for by the Church Commissioners fund as a result of the first Church Building Act in 1818. This school was built in 1830, designed by Taylor or possibly R.D. Chantrell. The caretakers house, which is on the right, was built in the 1860s. The half-dormer windows and deep buttresses are attributed to Butterfield, who built St Saviours clergy house.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.