An early view of the new City of Leeds Public Free Library, Armley Branch, on the left. Designed by Percy Robinson it replaced a temporary branch opened in the U.N.F.C. Schoolroom, Carcrofts in 1874. The new library was estimated to have shelving for 21, 740 volumes.
Far right at no 3 Town Street is the old police station and the building on the left of it is Temperance Hall.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.