Image from the early 1900s showing Sugarwell Hill Mill, known locally as the Round House, located on the south side of Potternewton Mount, at the top of Sugarwell Hill over looking Meanwood Valley. The four-storey, Grade II listed building dates from 1789. An earlier windmill (Scott Hall Windmill in Buslingthorpe Lane) had been built in 1776 by Thomas Garforth of Wood Mills at a cost of £457, on land owned by John Savile. This mill was located several hundred yards south of the Sugarwell Hill Mill, at the side of a rough roadway off Buslingthorpe Lane and was demolished in 1939. A lease between the Earl of Mexborough, Peter Garforth and William Burrows in 1789 mentions a "windmill lately built, Scott Hall Gate Close, (in possession of Joseph Ingle) and newly erected dwelling place." This refers to the building seen here. A further lease between the three parties in 1797 describes a "new erected windmill in Potternewton (in possession of John Ingle) and dwelling house. A map accompanying the documents produced for the sale of the Mexborough Estate in 1845 shows the two mills, the Buslingthorpe windmill, and this one marked as Potternewton windmill. The latter, now known as The Round House, still stands and is thought to have been converted to a dwelling in the 1880s. In a Leeds Directory for 1882 it was occupied by David lee, Market Gardener and called Windmill House. The OS map dated 1908 has the area marked as Windmill Nursery and the windmill disused.