A wintry scene in the early 1900s of Burley Park Gates on Cardigan Lane.
The Corporation purchased the 14&1/2 acres of Land to provide recreational facilties for the ever increasing population in the neighbourhood. The park was designed to cater for all ages with a sandpit, play equipment, cricket ground and bowling green and was acquired by the corporation in 1899.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.