Classical archway erected in Queen's Wood to commemorate the visit of Queen Victoria in 1858 on the occasion of the inauguration of Leeds Town Hall. It was commissioned by William Beckett, partner of Beckett & Co, the Old Leeds Bank and MP for Ripon. The archway stands on a stone base with four columns at the front with volute capitals to match the columns of William Beckett's home Kirkstall Grange. Taken in the early 1900s.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.