22nd August 1968,
View looking north east, in the centre is Drighlington Primary School (1875). Built to accommodate boys and girls, still in existence is the dividing wall between original girls and boys playground. Behind it is the pre-fabricated buildings of Margetson County Secondary School erected in the 1950s for older pupils, this closed in the early 1960s when Bruntcliffe Comprehensive School was built. On the right is the Scots Shandy Premises, right of this is King Street and the Victoria Public House. At the top far left of the image is the cemetery belonging to St Paul's Church of England.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.