18th November 1999.
View of Hunslet Mill looking from Yarn Street to Goodman Street. The large Grade II listed flax mill dates from 1838 when it was built for John Wilkinson by mill architect and engineer, William Fairbairn. It was one of the last flax mills to be built in Leeds in the early part of the nineteenth century. William Fairbairn was also the designer of other great mills, including Armley Mills and Salts Mill at Saltaire. The buildings are currently (2012) owned by Evans and Caddick and there were plans to include them in a large residential complex, a mix of conversion and new build. There is a newly built residential scheme opposite the mill in Goodman Street. Hunslet Mill has 25 bays along the banks of the River Aire and 3 bays in Goodman Street. (Information from The Civic Trust).