Construction of a new weir at Thwaite Mills. The mills at this time were being redeveloped and restored before opening as a museum in 1991. The mill had previously been owned by the Horn family since 1872. They worked Thwaite mills until 1976, when at this time their main line of business was putty manufacture. In 1976 the weir collapsed and the water powered mill could no longer work.