View of oil engine at Thwaite Mills, built by Thomas Marshall, Gainsborough. It was bought in 1932 by the Horn family, owners of the mill to run new crushing machinery. They ground flint and china stone and produced whiting. This is ground chalk used for whitewash, putty, polish and pharmaceuticals, they also crushed barytes, used in paint.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.