View of William Horn, owner of Thwaite Mills on a barge on the mill pond. Thwaite House can be seen in the background. This was built in 1823 on the foundations of a much earlier house and is now a Grade 2 listed building. It had been used as the mill manager's house and several generations of the Horn family lived in this property. It became virtually derelict in the 1950s but has now been restored and is used as an exhibition centre at Thwaite Mills Museum.