View of the house, nearest the camera, on Albert Terrace, where the Tempest Family lived when they first came to Armley Mills. Steward Tempest had begun as a child labourer at Armley Mills and the company he founded, Bentley and Tempest, took over the mill in 1907. The Lyceum Picture House at the junction with Thornville Road and Cardigan Road can be seen to the right.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.