4th June 1964
View of the first Leeds Board School, Bewerley Street Infant School in Bewerley Street. The playground is visible through the railings on the right. The building was designed by George Corson and opened on August 8th 1873.
The school eventually just catered for Juniors (7 – 11 Years), and the Infants were moved to a school on Hunslet Hall Road, around the 1930s.