4th June 1964
View of the first School Board School to be built in Leeds. The School Board was newly elected on 28th November, 1870 and the first Chairman was Sir Andrew Fairbairn. Bewerley Street Infant School was designed by famous Leeds architect, George Corson and opened on August 8th 1873.
By the 1950s, the school was for Juniors (7 – 11 Years), the Infants having moved to a school on Hunslet Hall Road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.