2nd November 1959
View of Burley Picture House with Wordsworth Street on the left and Roberts Place to the right. Kirkstall Road is at the bottom of Wordsworth Street. This cinema opened on 2nd August 1913 (date is on the front, over the word Burley). It was owned by the Burley Picture House Co. Ltd. and was designed by F.W. Rhodes of Upper Wortley, Leeds. The manager of the cinema was Arthur Sutcliffe. There were seats for 161 patrons. It was closed on Saturday 28th February 1959. The last film shown was called 'Passage Under the Sea'. The cinema was demolished. On the right is part of Burley Liberal Club.